Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Advice
Check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms - If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), you must stay at home (self-isolate) and get a test.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature– this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough– this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste– this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Stay at home (self-isolate)– do not leave your home or have visitors. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also self-isolate.
- Get a test– get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, should also get a test if they have symptoms.
To help prevent the potential spread of any infections, including Covid-19, the PHE has launched the Catch it, Bin it, Kill it campaign. Using a tissue to sneeze, binning the tissues and washing your hands is the best way to stop the spread of any germs or viruses. We advise that you practice and follow good hygiene to stop the spread of germs.
Please check the Public Health England website for the latest official advice about how to protect yourself and others from coronavirus: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirusdiv>