Free School Meals
Free School Meal Vouchers
If your employment circumstances have changed due to Coronavirus, you may now be eligible for Free School Meals. Apply here.
If you are urgently in need of support, please contact the school and we will do our best to help you.
- Please use the link provided above to see if you are entitled to Free School Meals. Only one application is required for all siblings.
- Once you have completed the application, please note the FSM reference number for your own personal records.
- The borough will decide if you meet the criteria and will contact the school on a weekly basis, directly with a list of children who are eligible. You will also be notified via email if you are eligible or not for the FSM scheme.
- The school will then update the MIS system and forward your child’s eligibility status to Edenred who will contact you to set up your account in order to receive vouchers.
Child and adolescent mental health services
CAMHS Saturday Pop-Up Service
Bookable 40min video-conference slots for families not open to CAMHS. First come first served basis.
- Coping with anxiety (27th May)
- Managing my mood (10th June)
- Managing anger (24th June)
- Managing worries (8th July)
- Parenting and self-care (22nd July)
- Mindfulness and self care (5th August)
#HelpNewham is a new service set up by Newham Council to respond to COVID-19. It provides to residents in Category A (see definition below)
1. Food and essentials
2. Family boxes (with nappies, sanitary towels, condoms, formulae, some basic books/toys),
3. Prescription delivery and
4. Telephone chat/befriending service.
It is intended to support and compliment the work of the faith, VCS sectors and local mutual aid groups who are focusing on all other residents who may need support.
The school can refer you to this service. Please contact the school if you would like a referral to be made on your behalf.
Rent payments/mortgage holiday
If you are a house owner and unable to keep up with mortgage payments then please get in touch with the provider and ask about a mortgage holiday of up to 3 months. Do be aware that this will result in additional interest being added after this period.
I know that there is already anxiety about the virus and its possible spread and you are all doing an excellent job of looking after your children and keeping the family safe, happy and educated. The staff, governors and members of the PTA at Elmhurst are here to support you through this time. If you would like to discuss something privately then please do email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org and please direct the email enquiry at a specific member of staff.
It is important that we all feel connected as a school community.
Other Support Available
Contact details for food banks and other Newham support services can be found in this document: COVID-19 Support for Newham Families
Further information about Elmhurst's Safeguarding arrangements during closure can be found on the poster below, please click on the poster for more information.