English Hub Launch Event - 14th February 2019
Showcase Event on 30th January 2019 - only 2 spaces left!
What is a showcase event?
- Throughout the morning you will be able to observe phonics teaching and find out how we choose and use phonics resources effectively. We will be sharing how we are developing a reading for pleasure culutre in our school sot that all children read confidently and for enjoyment.
- You will be invited to write an action plan to apply for funding and free support for your school. Up to £6,000 funding is available.
- This event is open to Headteachers, KS1 Assistant Headteachers and Reading Leaders at schools in North East London and Essex.
- £250/participant will be paid to your school to cover travel costs and time taken to write an action plan. Maximum two attendees per school.
If you have any questions please get in contact with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unable to come on the 30th January? We have four more upcoming showcase dates.
Book 27th February Showcase
Book 13th March Showcase
Book 27th March Showcase
Book 24th April Showcase
Literacy Specialist Information evening - 5th March 2019
We are delighted that Elmhurst Primary School has been named as one of 32 English Hubs appointed by the Department for Education. We have appointed an English Hub Lead to drive this exciting project - please direct enquiries about the English Hubs programme to email@example.com. We will officially launch our offer of support for 2018-19 and beyond on the 14th February 2019.
Support this academic year will consist of the following:
1) Showcase events - sharing best practice in phonics, early language development and reading for pleasure for up to 85 schools
2) Bespoke school support - action planning and development work over 2-3 days per school for up to 40 schools
3) Funding - up to £6000 for those who meet the eligibility criteria, £3000 match funding for other schools to purchase phonics resources or training
For next year we will be recruiting literacy specialists who will be recruited in the new year for a September 2019 start in their roles; additional training will be provided for these specialists. These specialists will support 4 schools each for 6 days per school.
If you would like to be added to the mailing list please complete the form below.